Digital X-rays are capable of producing incredibly clear and accurate images with 50 to 90 percent less radiation than traditional film X-rays.
At Britt Dental Center, we are committed to providing you with the best possible dental care and experience. One of the ways we do this is by utilizing advanced dental technology. We are pleased to use advanced digital imaging to provide efficient, accurate diagnoses and quality care. Our dentist use advanced digital imaging, specifically panoramic imaging, to get a better understanding of your oral health and any existing dental conditions or problems. The panoramic X-ray system provides us with a more comprehensive view of your smile than is gained through regular bitewing X-rays, allowing us to analyze your smile and dental health as a whole. Our experienced dentist and dental team may use panoramic digital imaging to:
- Diagnose cavities, tooth decay, and other types of damage to your teeth
- Evaluate the extent of bone loss
- Detect infection in the tooth nerves
- Plan and evaluate orthodontic treatment such as Invisalign®
- Assess the position of tooth roots
- Plan certain dental treatments, such as dental implants and root canal treatment
- Analyze dental and facial trauma
- Examine the bite and how the teeth fit together
The process for taking a panoramic X-ray with our state-of-the-art digital imaging system is fast and simple. The images are available almost immediately, allowing us to provide you with diagnoses and treatment plans more efficiently. If you would like to learn more about the advantages of our digital imaging system, please contact us today.